Explore Newnan’s Lake and the Gainesville Hawthorne Trail
Kate’s Fish Camp is more than just a place to park your RV, it is an exclusive campground completely surrounded by extraordinary wilderness with many trails to explore. Our campground is directly connected to the Gainesville-Hawthorne State Bike Trail with a map located here and Kates Fish Camp has total access to Newnan’s Lake. Fishing information is available on Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission’s website. All of our sites are “pull-through sites,” and each comes with electricity (30, 50, and 20 amp), water, and Gigablast high-speed Wi-Fi. Kate’s Fish Camp does not offer sewage hookups because of the surrounding land’s recognized natural, ecological and cultural values. All campers must be self-contained, and only RV camping is available, although we offer a guest restroom and a shower for your use.
Conveniently located just 10 minutes from Gainesville, FL
where you can visit The Cade Museum for Creativity & Invention, Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park, Heartwood Soundstage, Blackadder Brewing Company, Bo Diddley Plaza, The Historic Thomas Center, Swamp Head Brewery, The Hippodrome Theatre, The Devils Millhopper Geological State Park, The Kanapaha Botanical Gardens, The Harn Museum of Art, The Florida Museum of Natural History, and the Newnan’s Lake Boat Ramp at Earl P. Powers Park.
Plan your trip today!
Happy Campers Rule:
- Quiet hours are between 10 PM and 7 AM
- No loud music, barking dogs, or disturbing other campers allowed
- No dogs tied up outside or left unattended
- You are welcome to make campfires, firewood is available, but no cutting standing green trees or burning trash
Prices and Availability:
- RV, travel trailer, and pop-up Camping welcome
- Class B Recreational Vehicles or Travel Trailers less than 25′ are $40.00
- Class C Recreational Vehicles or Travel Trailers less than 30′ are $45.00
- Class A Recreational Vehicles or Travel Trailers more than 30′ are $50.00
We only offer nightly rates. Campers/RVs can have up to four adults; additional adults are $10 each.
To book your site, please give us a call at (352)372-1026. All cancellations and rain checks must be made five workdays before your reservation.